Sunday, February 8, 2015

What a great year ahead!

2015! This year will be hilarious for me and my family.

I decided to send my parents for Europe holiday this year. Since five years ago (as I remember, or maybe more than it), my father has a dream to visit Switzerland mountain and Lourdes city. That time, I browsed all the travel agents that offer tour to Europe and found only one travel agent that has tour itinerary close to what my father wants. But many things happened: I quit my job, I went to China to learn Chinese, my sister wanted to study art in Singapore, but then after 2 years, dropped out, my brother went to high school, I got married and many more, which made my father has never had enough money to fulfill his dream. I decided to save money to send them someday. But working in Jakarta would never provide me enough saving. So time passed by and I almost forget about my self-promise.

Last month, my parents came to visit me in Singapore. There was conversation between me and my mom. The topic was about my mom's diet which has never been successful. Few next days was their 29th wedding Anniversary. My mom said: "your father ya, since long time ago told me, if mom can be slimmer, we will go to Europe for our 25th wedding Anniversary. But see, until now, never happen, so slimmer or not, doesn't matter"

Then I remember my self-promise: send them for Europe holiday. I calculated my saving, planned to send them next year on their 30th wedding anniversary, it will be great present for them. But on the way of planning, I just feel and think deep in myself, why must be in next year, why not now? We will never know what will happen next. Maybe this year I will get pregnant, next year we will have baby which means additional living cost, maybe next year our financial will not be as good as now. So why must wait next year? Money can be earned, can be searched. Moreover God will always provide His blessing for us everyday, I believe in that. So, plan was changed. I will send them to Europe this year!

I plan to give them this surprise on Chinese New Year. My husband, my sister and I will go back to Indonesia. As we grow up, it is not so often to have full team family members celebrating Chinese New Year. My sister in Singapore does not always come back. Last year, I was also stuck in Singapore because my pass. So this year will be extremely very delightful for us as we all can go back to Indonesia.

I have contacted my aunt in Netherlands. She is happy to hear this plan and ask whether my parents can extend the stay after tour ends. Good thing, the tour will end in Netherlands, so now I am asking the travel agent for extension of flight back home. They still haven't replied. The main problem is whether or not my parents will accept this present. Because the tour will cost a lot of money and my father is likely to refuse to accept this very-expensive present. Another problem is the timing. The tour will take 15 days and if they extend their stay in my aunt's place, will be 18 days, almost 3 weeks leave. Don't know whether my father's company can give permission for long leave.

Ok, finish telling about Europe plan. Now move to another topic that also will related with the Europe plan.

Two days ago, I was so sad. I called home at night (around 8 pm in Indonesia) and my father still hasn't came home yet. I talked a lot with my mom, then my father came home around 9 pm plus, which means it takes more than 3 hours from his office to home. After my father ate dinner, I talked with him. He said, he was very tired, nowadays traffic jam has became worse, almost 3 hours to reach office in the morning, and 3 hours to reach home. And this afternoon, he was sent to warehouse and the traffic was also crowded, stuck for another few hours on the way. So, he said he was extremely tired and want to sleep soon. I didn't talk much with my father, but after he said that, I felt very sad. I just felt, my father is old enough, this year he will be 60 years old and still working in the office. He is supposed to retire already. But he can't and doesn't want to retire. He concerns about my youngest brother who is still in the high school, still have long journey ahead and need funding for his education. I also argued a little bit with him on the call. I told him to quit his job and start a business so that he will not need to spend 6 hours on the way everyday. He always says, he can't quit if they don't have new business yet. If they (my parents) already have a business, soon he will retire. But I argued back him, how come you will have business if you haven't quit your job now. You will have no time to survey, do place research, etc, if you still busy like this. So, you quit first then start up a business. Don't worry about the risks. If you always worry about the risk, you will never start a business. Now you have two grown-up daughters in Singapore, married, and quite stable financially. If let's say, the business doesn't go well, no need to worry about cost living. In the end, I told him to quit the job this year.

Yesterday I called again. I persuaded my father to quit soon, to start thinking about business plan. When I go back later on Chinese New Year, I want us to discuss together about this. And my father said ok, next week, they will start look for place, do survey.

Then I re-think, compile my plan with the business plan in my mind. This year will be great, as my father will soon quit his job, then he doesn't need to worry about the long-leave for Europe tour. He quits job first, then go around Europe for 3 weeks. After come back from Europe then start the business. Yeay, so great! What I should do now is praying!

A human heart makes the plans, God gives the answer.
Commend what you do to God, and what you plan will be achieved.
The human heart may plan a course, but it is God who makes the steps secure.  
(Proverbs 16:1,3,9)
Many are the plans in the human heart, but God's propose that prevails. 
(Proverbs 19:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment