Saturday, April 18, 2015

Two months update

It has been two months since the last post. Many things have happened.
1. Chinese New Year
We prepared so many angpaos as this is our first time having CNY as couple. But on the day, I didn't have much time to meet my relatives, so in the end we still have more than half left. I also brought some healthy drinks for my aunties and uncles. We visited them to greet them. In summary, CNY was very tiring for us. We need to go here and there. Our schedule was really full.

2. Europe Lourdes plan
On CNY night, we went to my parents house and gave them special CNY presents: Europe Lourdes tour. I put it inside an envelope. When my parents opened it and read the paper, they became speechless. My mother kept staring at the paper but I saw her eyes were teary. Me and my sister hugged them, said: just go, don't reject this. I also cried that time. Cry of happiness.
Last update about this: today is D-day! They are on flight now, to Switzerland (transit in Abu Dhabi). Hope they will have a safe flight and enjoy the trip. I can't wait to hear their stories and see the photos ^_______^

3. Working environment
Ah Biao, the cleaner in my company, has returned to China for good. There are two new cleaners from China, aunty C***** and aunty A****. But their attitude are completely different. Aunty C***** doesn't like her job since she was tricked by her China agency. She was teacher before and told to work in office in Singapore. So she took the job offer. But then, her job is cleaner in here. In other hand, aunty A*** is prepared to work as cleaner. She is more willing to work here, and more diligent too.
The biggest change in my working environment is my relationship with colleagues. Slowly, I am getting closer with some people that I don't feel close before. It is really nice to have good working environment.

4. My birthday
Last end of March, I turned to 28. I asked some of my colleagues (Indonesia team) to eat dinner together. I didn't expect anything from them. I just want to celebrate with others, rather than spend it with my husband and sister only. But they made a surprise for me. In the morning, before the class started, they sneaked into my classroom while I was still preparing outside. They turned off the light and when I entered the room, all the FDWs sang "Happy Birthday" for me. They also brought small cake with candle. They gave me a present, it was a sling bag. I was so happy that time. I have friends who care for me in here. Thanks God.
Two days later, another colleagues gave me another present, a hoody jacket. I never thought she will give me present as we don't really close. I am really thankful to God that He gives me such a nice working environment. For me, relationship with others is very important since I hate to feel lonely/ignored.

5. Planning to have baby
This one makes me feel very stressed! I know, my parents-in-law are hoping to get grandchild as soon as possible. Either do my parents. We had seen doctor in here (obgyn) but I feel no improvement after 6 months. So we don't see him anymore. After came back from CNY in Indonesia, we start to see Chinese doctor. But, again and again, we feel she is not really competent in this area. We are also tired of drinking chinese medicine everyday. So, we don't want to see her anymore next month.
I am tired to be asked about this, especially by my mother-in-law. Sometimes I think by myself, it is really important to have child? Do I really want a child? Having child in Singapore as foreigner is hard and expensive, is it worth? Many thoughts come in my head. Child is a bless from God. If He hasn't gave to us, that means "not yet". Why do we need to try so hard? Even if we don't have any child in the end, that is God's will.
Yes, yes, yes, indeed I feel stressed because of this. I need to be relax and calmer. I told myself, it is okay, just wait, just relax, God has plan. BUT, it is not as easy as saying :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment